Tuesday, July 2, 2013

hellman wilderness park...again

back at it again! with the summer in full swing, staying healthy and active is top priority. I decided to go to my new favorite local hiking spot, Hellman Wilderness Park. There are many different trails, so you're never seeing the same trails twice, so you can definitely catch me here this summer.

If you need information on Hellman Wilderness Park
make sure to visit my post on HWP, where I posted everything that you need to know


MAN OH MAN! if i thought the first time around was a challenge, the second time definitely kicked my butt. This time going with a little more time, I decided to make it to the water tower, which I did not go on my first attempt. What a beautiful site it is! 

making our way up the trail
One of the true rewards of hiking besides the exercise is the VIEW
and Hellman Wilderness Park is not short of giving you breath taking views.
(don't mind the layer of smog) 

view of the city
 Hellman Wilderness Park is located on the adjacent hills from Rose Hills Cemetery. You have amazing views of the cemetery. One prominent structure that is visible from the trail in the Buddhist mausoleum that is located at Rose Hills

rose hills 
If you're a fan of graffiti art like I am, and enjoy the works of Shepard Fairey, then all the pain from the hike is a gain at the top. There is a water tower at the top of the hill that has been "vandalized" with graffiti, and it's quiet a site. In the sea of earth tones, the burst of colors makes quiet an impression on any hiker.

Hellman Wilderness Park
Hellman Wilderness Park
As always when in nature, you always see all types of birds, insects and critters.

can you see what I see? 
The trails at Hellman Wilderness Park are pretty easy, with the exception of the steep hills, its a nice trail to spend a couple hours with some friends. 

the small dot at the top of the hill is where the water tower is
on our way back
almost to the finish line 
As I mentioned in my first post about HWP, it's a fun local hiking trail that allows someone to break the routine of working out at the gym, and take their fitness outdoors. 

I also started logging in all my walks using Nike+, I'm a very visual person, so need to be able to see my results, and the Nike+ app is a great addition to any workout. It's a great tool that is pretty accurate as far as location, distance, time and calories burned. I'm also thinking about getting the Nike Fuel Band...comments? suggestions? let me know


Always remember to GET OFF THE COUCH!
life is too short to be sitting on your behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment